Wednesday, April 1, 2009

THEN DISASTER HIT

3:30 AM..BEEP BEEP BEEP! Thoughts slowly make their way to my head. My body screams CAFFEINE! I shoot out the door to meet a co-worker to commute with. I'm encouraged by my friends current efforts to earn his BA in business while working and supporting his family.


We reached the job site and I'm greeted with Success Cd's to borrow and a highly recommended book to read. I feel as if all my thoughts are attracting like minded people to help guide me as I live out my journey. The day goes well. Suddenly I get a text, a person from my past demands money I owe. I strongly feel that it is undeserved, but by the court of law, there is little I can do. A spark of anger rapidly evolves into rage as I think how much I dislike this person who will gladly take my hard earned money for themselves.



Negative thoughts conquer my mind and furry continues to rise. from then on, I fall. My mind frame is in no position to make progress in my new direction. I had been so positive, so creative, so alive! I stand struggling, even to smile. Disaster had hit strong. What's next? Where do I go from here? I can't spend to long in this destructive state of mind.



Asking, myself if there is any possible way to change this situation, is where I start. If the answer is NO, I can then start accepting what it is I can't change. Trying to remember that I had a part in what it is I am facing, and understanding I must see MY part and learn from it. Trying to make better decision in my future. Although no one can be perfect, one can take preventative actions, as lessons are learned. As I take a closer look at myself and how I can improve, I'm no longer thinking about the one who did me wrong, Therefore moving from being a victim to taking responsibility and growing as a matured adult.

TODAY'S QUOTE : The happiest people in the world are those who feel absolutely terrific about themselves, and this is the natural outgrowth of accepting total responsibility for every part of their life.
~Brian Tracy~

TODAY'S CHALLENGE : Think of one person place or thing you have resentment with. Try to recognize your part in the problem and take responsibility for your actions or thoughts without placing blame on the other.

No comments:

Post a Comment